I’m turning 26 in a few weeks. Birthdays, like New Years, seem to stir up a bit of inward reflection. Today I found myself journaling a list of quirky characteristics that by this point, are probably here to stay. I think if I haven’t outgrown them yet, I’m probably not gonna.
1. I don’t have much interest in feeling content.
2. I never make my bed in the morning. And if I’m being really honest, I often sleep on a bare mattress with pillowcase-less pillows and a comforter. And top sheets feel like a death trap.. if I wanted to feel like I lived in a slice of pita bread then I would build a cocoon.
3. My dance skills are pathetic but I dance anyway. And I snap my fingers while I move like a grandpa.
4. I consider melted peanut butter to be a suitable “sauce” for pasta.
5. I often go half of my day before realizing that my shirt is on backwards.
6. I fumble my words at the worst and most embarrassing moments.
7. Someone should probably force me to take a daily nap.
7.5 Because I often decide that a lack of sleep is good for my “creative process” and so I stay awake for several consecutive days. I should
stop doing it, but it works, so I don’t.
8. I could be the poster child for “hangry”